Sunday, November 22, 2009

Introducing: Sean Greene

Sean works for a friend of mine, as a painter, so I often ran into him when he was working there, as well as random times in town at things he was painting, like the new State Street store and Thornes. In those short conversations I learned that he made art, and I became interested in seeing it. I finally got to, the other day at the A.P.E. Gallery on main street. I thought his paintings were really good and interesting. Lots of clear lines and bright colors. I would buy a painting, if I had the money. One last thing from me about Sean: he is also a very friendly guy.

From his website:

"My paintings are rooted in color. Color intervals provoke the fleeting sensations of light animating a space. Bands of color become paths of light, traces of motion that lead the eye through an illusionistic space and around a tactile surface. These bands evoke written languages like Arabic or graffiti-- illegible but loaded with expressions of balance or instability, variation of speed, entanglement, congestion or comfort, fluidity or angularity."


Links:
His website

1 comment:

Steph G said...

Oh I love Sean's work and the show at APE is one of the best I've seen in a while!