Sunday, November 15, 2009

Introducing: Myrrh Brooks

Yay! Myrrh has agreed to let me show some of her art here!

I met Myrrh 16 or so years ago, because I am friends with her father, Trevor the games man. Over the years me and Myrrh have had a lot in common, and sometimes even done stuff together. A sampler: we like to make art, we like to dance the Lindy Hop, we like Trevor. She lived in Northampton for a while, and I enjoyed that. Last year I went to her wedding to Joe Brooks. It was in a beautiful refinished barn in Amherst, MA.

Myrrh is one of those people who is constantly creating things and in a variety of mediums. I like that about her. You can't really capture the essence of a creative person in a blog post, or in a photo of their work, but you can give clues to who they are. Sometimes you can only indicate that they are cool, and let people discover on their own. Her website only hints at how creative she is.

Links:
Her Website, Myrrhmade.com
Her blog

No comments: