Sunday, July 12, 2009

Introducing: Ron McAdow

I went to a Montessori Junior High school, and Ron McAdow was my teacher. I remember him as a guy who liked nature, wrote and was generally friendly. Back then, I read this novel he wrote/was writing, called "Good Medicine". The only thing I recall about it now is that there was the discovery of popcorn in it.

These days Ron is a poet, and conserving land via the Sudbury Valley Trustees. I learned those things through the internet. Also, we are friends on Facebook.

I think it's funny how time and life work, like these streams that divide and sometimes come back together and sometimes don't, but it's really hard to say where they will or won't end up. And one day a piece of the past comes flowing back to you, and the thing that was hard to realize until that moment is that the piece has been on its own adventure, and moving forward, just as you have.

Links:
Ron McAdow Poems
Sudbury Valley Trustees

No comments: