Monday, May 4, 2009

Introducing: John Dahlsen

From me:

John is someone who is following me on Twitter, and I am following him. Twitter is an interesting new thing I am experimenting with. So far I have seen some new art by new artists, and read a lot of tech articles. Anyway, I really like John's art, and especially that it features lots of recycled stuff, so I asked him if I could put up some on this blog.

From his website:

Environmental art, recycled art,contemporary environmental landscapes and seascapes, abstract paintings, installation art and public art, form the multidisciplined art of John Dahlsen. He was the winner of the prestigious Wynne Prize, Australia's oldest art Award at the Art Gallery of New South Wales in 2000.
As a contemporary artist, based in Byron Bay, this Australian artist has won numerous awards as an environmental artist and for his installation art, abstract drawings, abstract paintings, contemporary environmental landscapes and seascapes, and found object art. His contemporary art work is viewed as being highly collectable.


Links:
John's website

No comments: