Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'm sitting here holding the blade of this knife against my eyelid

I'm sitting here holding the blade of this knife against my eyelid
And there’s a teardrop running down the edge of my life
They say that real men don’t cry but look at that, I did
Maybe I don’t want to be a real man like you all try
Maybe I don’t want to be a fucking American
We pretend to be more than we are
But you don’t want to hear it so let’s not go there again
So let’s just burn the oil and drive the car
We fight their war while they hoard the wealth
Its not like you care or even know
You’d rather drink your beer and lose yourself
Forget the real world and just watch MTV
You all listen to music but do you hear the words
They are just trying to make money every time you turn on the TV
We play this game against ourselves that’s fucking absurd


-Guy Constantine

No comments: