Tuesday, December 10, 2013

ARTmuffin - Art by Christopher Gendron

It's a small world sometimes around here. I was hanging up some of my paintings for a show this september and I saw piece there by someone else that really caught my eye. I followed up and eventually bought a print of it, and we figured out that he was a friend of a friend and had been to one of my shows a few years before.

I'll let his words from his website describe his work, since they say more precisely what I like about it:
About my current work, The Book of Gosh:

The "Gosh" pieces are created with the concept of being pages from a lost book or temple from another culture in another dimension. The work is often human, alien, or animal anatomy with what appears to be a kind of hieroglyphic writing and symbolism accompanying the subject. The pages vary from anatomical description to ceremonial preparation to the preservation of a history. All pages are from 'The Book of Gosh'. Other works may be pieces from The Temple.



Visit ArtMuffin.com to see more art.

No comments: