Monday, August 17, 2009

Cairn of broken sticks



"Building this was exciting. It looked like a nest at first but I had this idea of an egg-shape. You can see it from the road nearby if you are lucky and perceptive and I think that if you are lucky and perceptive there should be something mysterious and a little grand waiting for you to discover. I like the moment when I see something beautiful and so strangely organized that you wonder, 'what did this? it must have been some crazy guy!' In a way I guess I am hoping that when other humans see it it may cause them to think, 'some human did that, definitely, only people are that cool... I'm a person.' I also like that this particular work had anthropomorphic overtones, it looks like a witness or a guardian."

-Jeremiah Griswold

No comments: