Sunday, March 15, 2009

Introducing: Charlie Hertan

From me:

Charlie is an interesting guy I met through Robby Roiter one night at least 10 years ago at fire and water. He is very creative: writes poetry, dances, and takes photos. Also, I have heard he plays chess very well, and just released a book about chess. Other things to mention are that his mom was a good poet and he has put out a book of her poems, and he made a peace calendar.

He also sells coins, and once we lived together and I bought some interesting coins from him which I still have, including a junk "piece of eight", which is very cool.

From his website:

"Originally from New Jersey, I moved to the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts in 1996. A therapist, writer and numismatist, I didn’t take up serious photography until my 40's, inspired by hiking the many secluded lakes, hills and woodlands near my home. Inspired by my late mother, West Virginia poet and visual artist Lynn Kernan, the quest to illuminate the beauty in nature, life, and the human spirit is the driving force behind my work."


Link:
His photography website

No comments: